Cactus juice, which is also known as nopalitos, nopalea, Nopal cactus or prickly pear juice, is a very popular beverage in countries like:
the Middle East and other parts of Europe.
However, in recent years, Nopal Cactus has also gain popularity and a huge fanbase in the United States. See the nutritional value and health benefits of cactus juice.
The fresh oval leaves of the cactus plant looks very alluringly and do have a sticky liquid which do look like the green beans or green peppers and asparagus. One thing about the nectar of this nopal cactus plant is that is composed of what the body mostly needs, which are: water; sugar and minerals.
Value of the Nutritional Cactus Fruit Juice
The Nopal cactus juice do have lots of nutritional ingredients and also provides you with the following, such as:
calcium and numerous other minerals and vitamins.
The Nopal cactus fruit juice is very rich in amino acids, and specifically taurine. Taurine has antioxidants and flavonoids, an the truth is that both of these antioxidants are beneficial to the body.
What do Nopal Cactus Contains
One cup of nopal cactus juice has the following:
0.1 g of fat
2.9 g total carbohydrates
1.9 g fiber
1 g sugar
1.1 g protein
4.3 g Omega-3 fatty acids
37.8 mg Omega-6 fatty acids
Note that a cup of Nopalea fruit juice contains the following:
393 IU of vitamin A,
8 mg vitamin C,
141 mg calcium,
45 mg magnesium,
14 mg phosphorus,
221 mg potassium,
18 mg sodium.
Numerous Health Benefits of Drinking Cactus Juice
- Drinking the Nopal cactus juice has shown to scientist and doctors that it help the body prevent inflammation in the following parts:
- The Nopalea cactus fruit juice, do have a laxative effect and has shown to effectively treat constipation and inflammation.
In addition to easing constipation, cactus juice can reduce inflammation in the urethra and bladder too.
- This has shown to help reduce pain experienced by individuals with bladder infections and gallstones.
- The Cactus juice is also a good source of photochemicals, which do help strengthen the body’s immune system. According to experiments which were taken on Lab animals, also shows that it helps reduce tumor growth after ingesting cactus juice because of an increased immune system response.
- Drinking the nopal cactus helps out a lot, and also have a high levels of betalins, which are antioxidants. This antioxidant has shown to prevent the following:
promote optimal cellular health,
detoxify the human body.
According to the American Heart Association, which conducted a research examining the benefits of cactus juice in reducing cholesterol levels, according to (AHA), who disclosed that Nopal cactus nectar is very high in soluble fiber, which the American Heart Association has shown to help control or reduce cholesterol levels.
Another awesome benefit is that cactus juice is very effective and one of the best remedy for non-insulin diabetes. Research also shows that drinking the cactus juice also help decrease and stabilize blood glucose and insulin levels
You can find cactus juice for sale online at Amazon or Trivita or find it at most local health food stores.
How to Drink Cactus Juice
Since this is a health drink, you have to know exactly the amount you’ll need to take for your benefit and health wise too, however, the best way on how to consume the Cactus juice can be straight, mixed with additional juices like grapefruit juice or used in preparations of jellies or candies.
Do enjoy 1 to 2 table spoon of cactus juice up to three times a day to benefit from the numerous benefits provided by this awesome fruit given to us by mother Nature and the main source, God!